When people think skiing in Colorado, Vail is often the first town that comes to mind. At 8,022 feet above sea level, the town was established and built as base village to Vail Ski Resort. Seven bowls and miles upon miles of gladed terrain make Vail the largest ski mountain in Colorado.
The vail economy relies on tourism. World-famous Vail skiing and a high celebrity quotient have put it on the map for many travelers. Located in the heart of the Vail Valley, in the Colorado Rockies, it’s a town created by and for skiing but has grown to a year-round destination that’s a favorite with families and lovers of the outdoors. Vail Resorts is a major employer as are other luxury hospitality service providers.
Vail also boasts a number of excellent primary and secondary schools.Send Me Listings by Email
Search Vail and Nearby Cities
These cities are within 10 miles of Vail so you may want to consider homes in these areas. Just click the link below to start your search.
Things to See and Do
- Epic Pass – Ski as much as you want whenever you want at resorts from Colorado to California including, Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly, Northstar at Tahoe, and Park City.
- Taste of Vail
- Vail Village Shopping
- Vilar Performing Arts Center (Beaver Creek)
- Vail Valley Anglers
- La Sportiva Trail Running Race Series
- Mountain Bike Race Series
- Bravo! Vail Classical Music Festival
- Vail Soul Music Fest
- Aria Spa
- US Open Snowboarding Championships
This page uses the Font Awesome Icons included in the theme. The photo gallery and social share controls come from the Jetpack plugin. This free plugin can be downloaded from the WordPress.org directory.